Who we are
Our website address is: https://swv.co.nz.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your email address from the contact form and use this to answer any queries you have submitted. We use the email address you provided to send out Newsletters and Marketing material associated with Sean Woollgar Video, you are able to opt out of these emails. Your details are not shared with any other company or third-party.
Yes, with the primary purpose to make our website work more effectively and to memorize various information in order to facilitate your navigation on a website/a mobile application, to ensure the smooth functioning of these or to make them more effective, for example by memorizing your language preferences.
What kinds of cookies does SWV.co.nz use and why?
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons:
- Essential cookies (strictly necessary) – These cookies are essential for browsing our Website or strictly necessary for the provision of a service specifically requested by a user. The removal of this type of cookies can lead to navigation difficulties and is therefore strongly discouraged.
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant access to content and things you have to log in to do.
- Persistent cookies – these usually have an expiration date of maximum 13 months and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies for functionalities like remembering login details, which makes it possible for registered users to return to the site without having to log in. We also use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers. This information is anonymised – when we look at the data, in other words, we look at patterns, but we do not see individuals’ personally identified information (PII).
- Analytics cookies (statistics) – These cookies are used to gather information about your use of the Website, in order to improve the content of the Website, make it more suitable to your needs and increase its usability. For example, these cookies show us the most visited pages of the Website or help to identify difficulties that may be encountered during navigation.
- Preference cookies (performance) – These cookies collect information about your choices and preferences and make your navigation more pleasant and personalized. These cookies make it possible to memorize the language chosen during your first visit to our Website in order to personalize it accordingly.
What other cookies might you encounter on SWV.co.nz?
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than SWV.co.nz. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of SSWV.co.nz. For example, we currently allow:
- Polling module – This cookie is dropped when someone votes
- Audience measurement and validation – We use services such as Omniture and Google Analytics to understand how many people come and what is popular which helps us improve the website. No personally identifiable information (PII) is stored and site usage is always looked at on an aggregate (and anonymous) level.
How can I configure, delete or disable cookies?
You can easily delete, disable or accept cookies from our Website at any time by configuring your browser settings.
Each browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) has its own cookie configuration mode. To learn about the procedure to follow concerning your navigator, visit the site: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Will the Website work if I disable cookies?
You can browse SWV.co.nz with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work.
Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
If you close the banner and it reappears the next time you visit us, you most likely have cookies disabled. We use a persistent cookie to remember that you closed the banner, but this only works when cookies on our site are enabled.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Our website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with any other body or organisation.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please contact:
Sean Woollgar: email@example.com
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements